inspectors that they considered the school to be a safe and welcoming
environment in which they felt they could talk to staff about any concerns that
they may have.’’
In 2012, Archbishop Tenison’s School was inspected by Ofsted and was judged to be ‘’Good with many outstanding features.’’ Over the last four years, the school has worked hard to support and challenge many boys and more recently girls to prepare for their future lives.
On 18th and 19th October 2016, Archbishop Tenison’s was inspected by Ofsted again. We are disappointed by the findings of Ofsted. Ofsted have asked the school to make some improvements to the way the school works. We have found the feedback to be very constructive and helpful despite our surprise at the outcome.
Ofsted have identified the following strengths
• The Behaviour of pupils is good
• Pupils are typically highly respectful of staff and one another
• Pupils’ conduct is calm and orderly at social times and during lesson changeovers
• A well-considered and planned programme of careers information , advice and guidance helps
pupils from Year 8 to the Sixth Form consider their ambitions for the future and make informed decisions
• Pupils attend school regularly and are punctual to lessons.
• Pupils recognise the work that leaders and teachers do to help them.
• Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is secure.
• Pupils enjoy enrichment opportunities
• Pupils who speak English as an additional language are well supported and have made good progress.
However, Ofsted would like Archbishop Tenison’s to review some internal systems, structures and processes to help us improve. We have an action plan to incorporate the areas of development that Ofsted have asked us to make. We send our thanks for the positive feedback given to the inspectors from parents and carers. We are grateful to you all for your ongoing support of the school. Updates will be provided via the Tenison Times.
We remain, as always, fully committed to providing good outcomes for the children at Archbishop Tenison’s School and will, with your support, strive to ensure the best possible outcomes for all of the children at our school. We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all of your children.
The full Ofsted report is available at https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk
We are, completely in agreement with this comment from the report,
‘’Pupils told inspectors that they considered the school to be a safe and welcoming environment in which they felt they could talk to staff about any concerns that they may have.’’