Old Tenisonians’ Association
The Old Tenisonians’ Association was founded in 1875 to provide continuing contact for former students of Archbishop Tenison’s School. Staff at the School have always been welcomed into membership and the Head is automatically a member. For many years the membership has been 'open', which means that it is not confined to former students or staff of the School.
In the past the Association has had several affiliated Clubs and Societies, but today it is in essence a sports and social club, based at the sports ground at Motspur Park. It runs six football teams in the Old Boys’ League on Saturdays from September to April, and from May to September (also on Saturday) there are three cricket teams playing in the Kookaburra Surrey Cricket League. One cricket team also plays friendly matches on Sundays.
For 'playing' members there is an annual subscription of £20 (no subscription for boys still at school), and for non-playing members, membership is secured by a share (£12 a year) in the Association’s ‘150’ Club. All members receive a copy of the Association’s newsletter, 'Motspur Mumblings', which is published three times a year.