Parents and guardians have a vital role to play in the success of the students at the school. Everything we do at Tenison’s is focused on the students – they are without doubt the most important people here. However, parents are also extremely important. In fact, we believe that it is fair to say that behind every successful student is a caring and effective parent. So, what do we ask of you?
• Check your child’s diary every day
• Check your child is doing homework as expected
• Ensure your child leaves home on time and wearing full school uniform
• Keep in touch with your child’s tutor, especially when you are concerned about something
• Know what your child’s target grades are in each subject
• Attend parents’ evenings and other school events
We would also welcome your help with our careers programme. You can do this in two ways:
1) Give an informal lunchtime talk about the job you do to a small group of students. Students are especially interested in hearing about law, engineering, medicine and health, design, banking, journalism and the creative industries. However, other careers could be of interest too.
2) Provide a work experience placement for a student in Year 10. Placements usually take place in July.
Parents and Staff Association
You are automatically a member of the PSA, which meets once every half term, generally towards the end of the month. Meetings start at 6.30pm and take place in the school canteen. The agenda for meetings is varied and suggestions for items are always welcome. Recently we have discussed discipline and sanctions, home-school contact and school uniform. We also aim to organise two PSA events each year: an International Evening in the summer and a Christmas Concert in December.
We need as many parents/guardians as possible to attend meetings and become active members of the PSA. It is only with your support and ideas that we can make improvements to the way Tenison’s is run, so please do attend PSA meetings if at all possible. Notification of meetings is by text and email – if you have not been receiving invitations, please contact Mr Elstub (Deputy Head) at the school to have your email address added to the mailing list.
Mr Elstub (Deputy Headteacher) firstname.lastname@example.org